By Amanda Levenson
Believe it or not, WE17–SWE’s annual conference, and the world’s largest conference and career fair for women in engineering–is already coming up on October 26th, and taking place in the Live Music Capital of the World: Austin, TX!
Over several days, WE17 will offer a myriad of professional development, career/networking, leadership, and outreach events/opportunities to thousands of engineering students and professionals across all disciplines and industries. This is a jam-packed, exciting conference that you certainly won’t want to miss!
I know I’m excited to finally meet the Region J Collegiate Team in-person, learn from incredible women during both the industry and academia-related workshops, and check out some of the world’s most influential companies at the career fair. If you’re planning on attending, what are you most looking forward to?
For those of you who haven’t registered yet, or hadn’t even heard of WE17 prior to reading this blog post, NOW is the time to learn more and take action! Here are some resources to help you plan your trip:
- Be sure to explore the WE17 website for more day-of-event details:
- Need financial assistance? SWE members and donors can help you out through Registration Grants, and Google can support your travel!
What about preparing for the day-of?
- WE17 offers various on-site services to help you juggle everything!
- Not sure what to pack? Here are some guidelines on what not to wear.
- With thousands of attendees, how can you stand out at the career fair?
- Most importantly, take advantage of the Conference Planner to help prioritize workshops and ensure you get the most out of your WE17 experience!
Needless to say, WE17 is a great opportunity to immerse yourself in the women in engineering community, and ultimately grow in your respective field. I hope this post has excited you and helped point you in the right direction to attend this conference, but please reach out to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions/concerns.
I’m counting down the days until my flight from Seattle… see y’all in a month!
Stay tuned for updates on social media via #WE17.